Head Sound Technician
Imperial Theatre, Saint John, New Brunswick
Daytime/Evening/Weekends (Variable Hours)
Imperial Theatre is one of Atlantic Canada’s busiest venues for live performance. Our presenting season includes music, dance, theatre and special events as well as an extensive rental business with both local clients and road tours. Our employees enjoy working in a fast-paced, casual, and exciting environment.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Technical Director the Head of Sound Technician is responsible for technical operation and maintenance of the theatre’s sound system for all performances at Imperial Theatre.
Tasks and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Front of house sound technician and/or monitor technician
- Maintenance of sound equipment and inventory including audio cables, consoles, speakers and accessories
- Other stage hand duties as required
Successful candidates should have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with FOH and monitor mixing in a live performance venue
- Experience with both analog and digital consoles
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Patience, tact and the ability to deal with last minute changes are a must
- Interpersonal skills: candidate must be able to work well with people in a fast-paced environment
- Solution orientated approach to problems
- Q-Lab and other audio software experience
Please see the technical information listed on our website for details about our sound system and inventory.
How to apply:
Please apply in confidence by email to:
Please include Pick Me SND in subject line. Deadline: October, 14 @ 4pm.
We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Like and Follow us for updates on job opportunities!